Saturday, January 2, 2010

2 weeks of 14 hour days...

...and we have a semi-setup house. We had a New Year's Eve party at the house with our Community Group friends. The deadline was motivation. Still much to do, but here's some pictures of what's here now, as per your request Ms. Cochran! Living on support makes me tend to give a defense for the expense (or lack thereof) of all the components to the addition, but I'll refrain and, instead, be glad in the provision of God and those that have helped!

The living room viewed from the door to the outside...

and the other direction...
and from the fireplace looking toward the pass-through to the kitchen...
dining room...
girls playroom...
and their revised bedroom...

Thanks for your prayers for energy and strength. The project continues, but only a few more big things to do. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Ashley Plant January 3, 2010 at 12:42 AM  

It's beautiful Dave!! All of it.

Diana Maria January 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

Wow, David!
Ashley used the same word that went through my head while looking at the pics--beautiful! It looks so great!

Greetings from Bulgaria January 6, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Dear Hemingways, (Have I ever told you how my sister and I love your last name? We think it very romantic!)

Thank you very much for flattering my request by taking the pics! I am so impressed with your hard work. The house looks great. I can't wait to visit next summer and meet your New Addition in your new addition.

Much love to your family!

Clay and Amy January 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

you have a done a fantastic job! i see no reason to have to explain your actions - you are giving your family a beautiful home to live in, what more could parents do? its beautiful and i only wish i could see it in person :-) please say hi to carolyn for me!