Monday, October 5, 2009

October

Every so often the Wesley staff will have a theme month. Last October we had Manna month, after the dewy bread from heaven. This October, Manna II, our staff has been directed to ask the Lord to renew our desire for him and to seek him for things that have been pushed aside and neglected. Psalm 63 sums it up nicely. Personally, I am always struck by how easy it is for the "fire" to grow still and smoldering inside of me. It doesn't take much for the flames to die down low. As I've been praying during the last week, I was reminded that the Lord's perpetual invitation is to seek him, to thirst for him. Normal Christian life isn't supposed to be normal...it's suppose to be supernatural! Christ is in us! In the last few months, though the Father has been so faithful, I've gotten pretty comfortable with 'less than.' Less faith in prayer, less perseverance. Less trust in some areas (and strangely more, in others). Certainly less longing for him. I don't usually like overly spiritual blog posts--too cliche. But I post this instead of pictures of my beautiful girls because I think it's past time that we all woke up from the slumber. The Lord's inviting us to cling to him again.

0 comments: